September 23, 2007

Thursday, October 4, 2007

The Toss and a Bet

Here's John taking off my "garter" (actually an anklet that his sister made) for the traditional garter toss. Earlier in the evening, John and I stopped to chat at the table with all of his (and now mine, oh my!) nieces and nephews. He asked them to place their bets on which one of them would get married first. I believe he offered $500 to whoever guessed correctly. He scribbled their guesses on the back of one of our wedding coloring books that the younger kids were drawing in. In the end, the most votes went to Dillon, then Nick, then Melissa and Colby where next. I don't think I got a vote in!

Anyhow, you can see all excitement below in the garter tossing, especially those older guys! Nick ending up with the lucky catch.

No photos of the bouquet toss (not sure our photographer got any either!), Maybe I overthrew it a little, but the bouquet ended up on the floor between my sister and Melissa, with the later finally hesistating to pick it up. C'mon ladies, marriage ain't that bad!

No comments: