September 23, 2007

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Something Blue

I won't repeat the rhyme, but you know what I'm talking about. Weddings are full of tradition, sometimes too much if you ask me. So I've tried to take some traditions and put a personal twist on them, making them a bit more unique and a little updated for the times. And what better way than to combine two traditions in one? For my something blue and my "garter" I am instead wearing a handmade anklet made by my soon to be sister-in-law!! Here is a peak at one of the anklets I will be wearing:




I was so excited when John's sister (referred to from here on as L.) suggested the idea of an anklet rather than a garter and furthermore that she was willing to knit one for me! We have several of L.'s knitted creations already and they are all so beautiful. She chose colors to match my Green Dream necklace. The dainty flowers and the shades of green and blue are a perfect addition to my wedding outfit. This anklet I will save as a keepsake, you will have to wait to see the one I'm going to toss until the reception! Get ready single guys....


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lindy,
gorgeous work, as usual. can't wait to see it on you Amanda.

Sheree' said...

Your wedding is going to be perfect. I just love everything you are doing. Micah asked Brandie to weat 2 garters in zebra print. One low down for him to throw and the other up high for him to keep. He is so cute. I can't wait to hear and see all about your wedding. Thanks for stopping by and offering me words of encouragement.