September 23, 2007

Friday, August 24, 2007

Embossing Excitement

Just a quick update on how things are going, I am planning a more elaborate post hopefully this weekend!! We are less than a month away from our wedding date as of yesterday! Can't believe it will be here that soon, the excitement is crazy!

Last week, with the help of my mom, we did some embossing for the wedding favors. I never knew it was easy and so much fun! I have been going around eversince embossing all kinds of things. I'm even planning on purchasing more stamps to continue the fun! Here's a look at the process:

Step 1. Stamp the desired image on paper, press firmly and careful not to smudge!



Step 2: Pour embossing powder over the stamped image as quickly as possible, then remove excess powder.



Step 3: Apply heat source to stamp until embossing powder melts and becomes a raised image (don't worry, you will see the transformation take place before your very eyes!)

And finally, you can admire the finished product! Isn't the sleeping pig adorable? In my next post I'll explain the significance of using this stamp on the party favors. And no, I'm not going to tell you what the party favor is, another detail you'll have to wait for!

No comments: