September 23, 2007

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Our Happy Ending

This weekend John and I picked up our wedding rings at a local jeweler, Reiner's (kindly referred by Rich and Kristi). We opted for simple white gold bands, since John is brand new to the whole man-jewelry thing. Inside, we had the option of engraving the rings. I agonized over this for awhile, wanting something original and also something with meaning. I was so happy when I came up with the phrase "Our Happy Ending". This phrase is borrowed and modified from one of my favorite Avril Lavigne songs "My Happy Ending" where she is not as lucky to find hers. Unfortunately, since my ring size is so small (3.5!) they weren't able to fit that phrase and our wedding date. So, being the acronym-loving geologists that we are, our wedding rings are inscribed:


OHE 09/23/07


No comments: