September 23, 2007

Monday, July 23, 2007

Green Dream Wedding Jewelry

As soon as we began planning our upcoming wedding, one of the parts I was most excited about (besides tasting wedding cake) was picking out the jewelry I will wear on our wedding day. Several months ago, I discovered a website called Etsy, where you can buy and sell all things homemade. Then I also found a network of vegan and vegetarian friendly sellers (EtsyVeg and Etsy for Animals), some of whom also donate a percentage of their profits to animal-friendly organizations. One of my favorites is McFarland Designs. Tamara is a brilliant jewelry designer, as well as a vegan and a mom! I was thrilled when she agreed to custom design my wedding jewelry. Here is a sneak photo that was posted on her website:



She nicknamed one of the early versions of my necklace, the Green Dream, which I thought was appropriate. Some of the stones include: green garnet, prehnite, aquamarine, labradorite, vasonite, moonstone, and Swarovski simulated pearls. I am so excited to get these in the mail sometime this week, hopefully in time for my first wedding dress fitting (it finally arrived)!


Wearing vegan jewelry on my wedding day is important to me. Many of you may ask, what isn't vegan about jewelry? One of the most common stones used in wedding jewelry is the pearl. And yes, pearls are not vegan, they are the product of pain. Besides, Swarovski simulated pearls are just as beautiful and they are cruelty-free!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so exciting! Congratulations! The ring is stunning- you both have excellent taste! ~RRL~