September 23, 2007

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Hen Night in Houston

On September 7, a few of my closest girlfriends here in Houston hosted a bachelorette aka hen night (as they call it in the UK) for me. The night began with cooking dinner together. The menu included tomato bruschetta (not shown), tofu-mango spring rolls, tempeh with curried peanut sauce, and a green salad with loads of veggies. Everything was so tasty, the tempeh was a pretty spicy, just how I like it though!


We then moved onto dessert, fondue! We mixed dark chocolate with chocolate soymilk and the result was a rich, yummy fondue. For dippers, we had long-stemmed strawberried and some vegan coconut-covered marshmallows. The marshmallows dipped in chocolate was so melt-in-your-mouth delicious, I can't even describe....



Then I opened gifts, I will spare you many of the details (they were all amusing and mostly PG-13 ). But I did get this nifty shirt with my soon-to-be last name across the front. I think I'll be wearing this the day after my wedding :-)



After some more goofing around, we headed downtown for some dancing. It was a bit short-lived (long story, but one I'm sure we'll all remember), but that's alright since we returned to the house and ended up talking and bonding the rest of the night. I can't thank these ladies enough for such a fun night! My true last night as a bachelorette is approaching quickly. Hopefully I'll get in one more quick update before we head to Boston tomorrow evening.

5 comments:

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

What a GREAT shirt! Your friends are awesome -- cooking dinner together sounds fabulous! The 23rd is really coming up -- have a blast! :)

Meg Wolff said...

The 23rd IS coming up soon! Congratulations...can't wait to read more...

Anonymous said...

Amanda! You are a natural in that shirt. What a cute idea! Love, Linda

Hen Party said...

nice blog article i really liked it thanks for sharing and suggesting about hen weekends ideas.

Hen Night Ideas Blackpool said...

Great ideas and interesting too. Looking forward to know more about about Hen Night Ideas.