September 23, 2007

Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Dress

I know I know, it's bad luck to talk about, much less show a picture of the wedding dress before you get married. Shopping for a wedding dress has definitely been a challenge for me. I wanted something simple with clean lines, not poofy!! But it was also very important to me that the dress contain no animal products. I actually found this to be less of a challenge than I anticipated, many dresses are made from synthetic fibers these days. I had wanted a natural fiber (hemp blend) dress, but the timing just wouldn't work out since our wedding day is less than three months away!

My mom and I hit the usual bridal dress shops last Sunday. Although we didn't really find any dresses I wanted, it was good to see different styles to narrow down what I was looking for (I'm not one of those girls who has thought about her wedding dress since she was 5, I was playing teeball). It was fun to spend the afternoon with my mom and seeing her reaction to each dress. After lunch we gave up for the day but she convinced me to look at one other place....

So Tuesday night we met at Weddings by Debbie. How ironic that I end up buying my wedding dress only a few minutes from where I grew up and across the street from the mall where I spent much of my time in my teenage years.


So this is just a teaser photograph, you'll have to wait till the ceremony to see it!

No comments: